Saturday, September 13, 2014

Day 1

09.13.2014
Heading to Texas for our yearly bike trip. Three weeks with stops in Indiana, St. Louis, Tulsa, Dallas, San Antonio, Uvalde, Austin, Baytown, New Orleans, Memphis and Nashville.
We decided to leave now so we are not roasting our butts off in Texas. I'm hoping now it doesn't freeze our tails off on the return ride, October 6th. Starting out this morning at around 10 am was cool with the temps in the high 50's and a light drizzle. The drizzle stopped befor we got to I-271 but it was cool all day. We stopped for gas in South Vienna, Ohio and decided to head up the road a bit more before stopping for lunch. I spotted an exit for Englewood, Ohio which listed Skyline Chili, Waffle House, Chipotle and several other restaurants. We opted for the Skyline which was right at the end of the exit ramp. 
After a 4-way with beans and Coney Dog we were ready to hit the road again.
Only now the Garmin was acting wonky and not booting up. Well, I know how to get to Indianapolis, just head west!  And I remembered we needed to exit at I-465. But I wasn't quite sure if the hotel was north or south!  I was also anticipating writing out directions everyday. About 50 miles to go, I got the Garmin to boot up and we found our way. 
Marybeth unloaded the bikes while I checked in. I noted that the desk clerk told the people ahead of me to take the stairs to the second floor to find their rooms. Oh-oh, Marybeth is loading the luggage cart and she's going to have a helluva time pushing that cart up the stairs!  I asked if there was an elevator and the lady says no, since they're only two floors, they're not required to have one. I hope my room is on the 1st floor!  She doesn't think there are any king beds available on the first floor!  Oh shit!  Here's one she says, and I see her write 156 on the key envelope!  Whew!
Now we sit here by the pool drinking whiskey and tequila, blogging!  
Plans call for ordering a pizza and hanging at the hotel for the evening. Tomorrow, we head to the Browns Backers Bar for the Browns game. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment